Assuming that you have determined the need for flexible space division using conventional solid panel partition systems, it is advisable that you contact a professional sales consultant from Moderco to advise what product would be best for you.
Three options will be discussed based on 3 basic criteria:
- Acoustic needs – the primary selection criteria.
- Configuration which is determined by the application and storage.
- Operation: manual or electric.
Manual Paired Panel Systems: Panels hinged together in groups of two
- Quick easy setup. Very smooth operation.
- No extra storage track. Minimum amount of structural support required.
- Straight line system
- Varied types of acoustic seals available
- Designed for frequent use by trained but “unskilled” operators.
- Panels can be stored at one end or both, in pockets or in the room.
- Typically used in classrooms, meeting rooms, areas where fast easy set-up is needed.
- Most economical of all configurations.
- All accessories & finishes available
66% of all Moderco openings are paired panel configurations.
Single Panel Systems: panels each with 2 trollies that are manually moved independently of each other.
- Typically used in complex layouts with special storage needs.
- Can have alternate locations using special stacking and switching.
- Satisfies need in buildings with high ceilings such as convention or conference centers, hotel ballrooms, multi-purpose facilities.
- Used in wide openings where varied floor levels and deflection requirements may be encountered.
- Requires extra storage track and support steel.
- Varied types of acoustic seals, finishes and accessories available.
24% of all Moderco openings are Single Panel configurations.
Continuously Hinged Electric Systems; a series of panels hinged together that moves as a unit.
- Smooth operation for very tall panels.
- Electric operation requiring two individuals.
- Fixed constant contact top sweeps and adjustable floor seals.
- All accessories and finishes available.
- Numerous safety systems to prevent injury.
- Typically used in school gymnasiums, cafeterias.
5% of all Moderco openings are Continuously Hinged Electric Systems.
Moderco also manufactures Accordion Door systems, Glass Wall Systems, Electric and Manual Curtain Systems.
Call us at 1 800 363-3150 and we will work with you to choose the Moderco product and accessories that best fits your requirements.